I just downloaded the RootsMagic 5 upgrade for my database… and I am already tickled silly!
The first thing that I did when I opened my database in the upgraded RootsMagic 5 was to re-index (re-number!) my database. Sounds like a simple thing, but it’s a BIG DEAL to me! As I’ve been going through the database ancestor-by-ancestor, there have been several folks that didn’t belong for one reason or another and were “tossed”. The problem that my little housecleaning mania is creating is that there are now confusing gaps in the RIN numbering system that RootsMagic uses. Sometimes several numbers-worth of a gap!
But not anymore!
I simply went to:
File>Database Tools>Rebuild Indexes
Click and Presto!
My entire database is now renumbered with no more confusing gaps!