I was up early this morning and have been b-u-s-y!
- Completed some minor file adjustments with my RootsMagic and ToDoList backups
- Got all of the library data entered into my database
- My ZenPhoto Gallery looks good- all of the images’ thumbnails look better and the images are in order, first photographs in chronological order, then documents in chronological order
- Completed some minor corrections in the source citations in my database
- Posted about the weekly genealogy prompt- this is a first for me, kinda fun!
- Vacuumed and washed my car (needed a break from the computer, and the weather was so nice today…)
I think I’m about done with Dovie. She can really suck the life out of a person, as her many ex’s would probably attest to! I have been able to fill in a lot of holes in her data, but it’s time to move on. She will be on my to-do list for the next courthouse trip, but that will probably be down the road a ways.
For my next library trip, I’ll need to be more organized. I thought I was for this past trip, but once I got there, all the best-laid plans of mice and men…
Anyway, I need to create specific databases for city directory searches, 1 for each person, each containing a table with separate rows for each year and columns for residence, family members listed and occupation. Then fill in 1 person’s database as completely as possible before moving on to the next person. It’s too easy to bounce around, especially when there are several ancestors to be found in each directory. Then I’ll have to devote the entire research trip to city directories only. They are very time-consuming!
I also need to pace myself, stay focused and write more legibly. While I did take a notebook and several pencils for note-taking, I’m having problems reading my own hen-scratching! In fact, for one of the obituaries that I found, I forgot to write down the newspaper edition and page number. I’ll have to get that on the next trip.
Also gotta take the mouse next time. I just can’t function without it.